Sport & Physical Activity
Sport and Physical Activity: Staying active and developing a healthy lifestyle
Sport and health have always been extremely important aspects of school life and learning at Baguley Hall Primary School, and so when the government announced that they would be providing Sports Premium funding to improve the provision of PE and sport in school, we were very excited.
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million each year for 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016 to improve provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in school. Each school receives £8000, plus £5 per pupil on roll in January.
We have created a provision plan that explains how we are going to invest money (rather than spend it) to maximise the long term impact of our PE provision and ensure that we continue to provide the very best PE and sports provision possible. This plan will be reviewed throughout the year and we will be adding to it over the next few years to ensure the school has a structured approach to achieving its aims.
The following aims form the core of our provision plan:
- To increase all pupils' participation in physical activities / school sport.
- To broaden the range of physical activities / school sports on offer to the children.
- To improve standards of teaching PE across all phases in the school
- To develop a school culture where all sporting achievement, (both personal achievement and achievement in competitive situations) is celebrated and all pupils strive to achieve the best performance levels they are capable of.
- To continue to promote positive values (Olympic values) linked to physical activity, sport and competition.