Staying active and developing a healthy lifestyle
Sport and health have always been extremely important aspects of school life and learning at Baguley Hall Primary School, and so when the government announced that they would be providing Sports Premium funding to improve the provision of PE and sport in school, we were very excited.
The government provides additional funding o to improve provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in school.
We have created an action plan that explains how we are going to invest money to maximise the long term impact of our PE provision and ensure that we provide the very best PE and sports provision possible. This plan will be reviewed throughout the year to ensure the school has a structured approach to achieving its aims.
The following aims form the core of our provision plan:
- To increase all pupils' participation in physical activities / school sport.
- To broaden the range of physical activities / school sports on offer to the children.
- To improve standards of teaching PE across all phases in the school
- To develop a school culture where all sporting achievement, (both personal achievement and achievement in competitive situations) is celebrated and all pupils strive to achieve the best performance levels they are capable of.
- To continue to promote positive values (Olympic values) linked to physical activity, sport and competition.